Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm Not Able...On My Own

"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." - 2 Corinthians 9:8

Do you ever feel like life is one, crazy roller coaster ride that doesn't end? I do.

This year has been one for the books with all of the obstacles, changes and transitions that have appeared in my life. It seems like there's something new everyday (the good, the bad and the ugly). I could go into details, but I'll spare you the lengthy descriptions and tell you what I've learned from all of it.

Life is hard. God is strong. Faith is important.

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." - Hebrews 11:1

It's hard sometimes to find faith. It's hard sometimes to believe the best. It's hard sometimes to have hope. The easy thing, though, is knowing that it's possible to find it, believe it and have it. The strength that I find when I experience not-so-happy moments is God's way of showing me that I'm capable. It's His way of showing me that giving up is so overrated!

A few weeks ago I bought a needtobreathe CD and immediately got goosebumps when I heard one of their songs. It's simple, yet powerful. It reminds me that I can truly do anything with the help of my Lord. But, I'm definitely not able on my own.



"I know I'm not able on my own."

Of course, I am overly blessed and I'm beyond happy with my life and all the people in it. My issues have been small (pest problems, especially), but others face things that are a lot worse. This post is simply meant to encourage anyone who is on one crazy roller coaster. Remember, roller coasters (i.e., life) can be fun and exciting! So live it to the fullest!

Simply,

Court


No comments: