Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Run Courtney, Run

I'm officially running. Never in my life have I been motivated to do this. I always despised it in Jr. High, but maybe that was because I didn't have my Nike shorts at the time...

Dr. Walton, one of my college professors and mentors, asked me if I was interested in running the 2nd Annual Corinth Rotary 5K with her in October. I knew I needed to and I knew I wanted to. Dr. Walton, thank you for your encouragement! You are awesome!

I've been struggling with this for a while, but I think my motivation is coming from God. I'm working hard to, first and foremost, keep God first in my life. I want to use my runs to get closer to Him. I want to thank Him for His creation, for the blessings I have in my life and for the ability to take care of myself.

"I can do all things through which strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

Simply, Court

No comments: