Friday, September 13, 2013

Happily Ever After


For a very long time, I prayed for a Happily Ever After. I prayed for a relationship like my parents had. Through the prayers and the years, I learned that patience was hard, but God's timing was always perfect.

Last September, I decided to throw away all of my fears and doubts and let God have complete control of my desire to be loved. A few weeks later, I received a call from a very special person asking me if I'd be willing to get to know a certain boy. She said his name and I got those butterflies (super cheesy, but true). The boy and I texted, talked, met and then met again. We both knew this crazy thing was super real and it terrified us. Over and over, we reminded each other that Jesus was at the center of it all. He knew what He was doing with us and He knew that He had given us a new chapter in our testimony.

For the past 11 months, I've learned what a God-centered relationship feels like. We've learned that when God is in it, everything works. Crazy things happen. 

Today, I got to say yes to the most amazing man with the biggest heart. I said yes to a man that has the deepest concern for God's will and seeks to keep Him at the center. He's who I've been praying for, and I am so completely thankful that I get to be his forever. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5,6

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make God the center of your marriage and home and you'll be "happy ever after". You're a beautiful, talented couple and God can use you in a mighty way. Stay close to Him and love each other and your life together will be beautiful. Courtney, welcome to the Pinkston division of the Walker clan. We love you. Nanny/Poppy