Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Memphis, Tennessee

It's finally summer. My goal for the next few months is to discover new things to do in a city that I love so dearly. It just so happens that I call this city home and I'm super proud of it.

For many people (Corinth residents and more), Memphis is a city with malls, "chain" restaurants & Graceland. I totally used to be one of these people, but I soon discovered with the help of my Memphis friends that this city has so much more to offer. Here are a few things I've learned since I moved here in January 2011.

Ten Things A New/Visiting Memphian Needs To Know:

1. My favorite attraction is Sun Studios.

 (Aunt Barbara & I having fun at Sun Studios)

2. There's more to downtown Memphis than Beale Street (check out Main).

3. Get your coffee at Otherlands or Republic Coffee.

 (image source: examiner.com)

4. Visit ilovememphisblog.com for the unique and completely useful scoop on the city.

5. WEVL 89.9 has the best, random mix of music (seriously, I've heard polka, techno, Willie Nelson & No Doubt in one day)

6. The best restaurants are off the beaten path (e.g., drive past the malls and find some local flavor).
  • Boscos
  • Cafe Piazza
  • The Majestic Grille
  • Local Gastropub
  • The Elegant Farmer
  • Central BBQ
  • Molly's La Casita
  • Memphis Pizza Cafe
  • Ask me if you need more options...I have plenty!
7. Vintage/Antique stores are everywhere. Ask me about them.

8. People are friendly. Don't be afraid.

9. The events and attractions are endless.

 (Christie & I at the NKOTBSB concert)

10. There's something in the air that makes you fall in love with it.


Simply,

Court

No comments: